The answers you seek never come when the mind
is busy, they come when the mind is still.
The following quote of Hermann Hesse remind us that stillness is a truth that we should experience from the inside out: "Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat any time." Here are some simple ways to allow stillness in your life:
- "Get out of your head and get into your heart. Think less. Feel more." -Osho
- Create a special place where you can meditate and for at least 10 minutes daily do nothing, just be present.
- Listen more than you speak.
- Observe nature silently.
- Empty your mind through writing and journaling.
- Don't dwell on the same thoughts.
- Make space for inspiration and creativity in your life.
- Take a long walk in silence.
- Recline in a rocking chair or swing side to side gently on a hammock and enjoy the moment.
- Practice to be a witness of your life.
- Quiet your mind regularly during your day.
- Stop yourself every time you find you're judging others or situations.
- Recall a moment in your life where you had experience stillness and bask in that memory.
- Breath can take your mind off the racing thoughts. Breath consciously.
- Be willing to let go. Do not resist, flow like water.
I invite you to embark on your inward journey through a daily practice of stillness. Rumi put it best when he said: "There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen."
If you enjoyed this article, please share with your friends using the social media buttons:
You may also like:
Simplicity: An Approach to Life