By activating an expansive, tolerant, and creative mindset, positive feelings maximize the social, intellectual and physical benefits that will accrue.
I can say with certainty that a key to propelling your life forward is to engage with people who have a positive and expansive mindset. My suggestion is to always question the advice from someone with a negative and fixed mindset because they will not allow you to expand.
I got my first job while I was still at high school in one of the best places to work in my hometown. I was a part-timer in a place a lot of people living nearby wanted to work. During my last year of high school, I was accepted at a prestigious University and at the same time my boss offered me a full-time position with a great compensation and benefits package.
I couldn’t decide for one or the other, so I went to my school counselor. Her advice was to take the job because the purpose of going to college is to get a good job and I already had been offered a great one. Do you notice how limited that belief is?
My aunt, who is very successful and one of my role models, urged me to get a college degree and promised me that once I finished the University I will be a whole different person, in a good way, seeing the world through another lens.
What did I decide? That I could do both. I accepted the job and started studying at the University during the night. As an avid learner, I wanted to acquire knowledge from the theory and from the practice! It wasn’t an easy path, but it was worth it. I was surrounded with people that helped me grow and immersed in situations that stretched my knowledge.
Today, I would like to invite you to expand the boundaries of the conditioned mind and push out of your comfort zone. Here are some key points that lead to an expansive mindset:
- Opportunities are everywhere.
- The possibilities are infinite.
- You can shift what isn’t working.
- Move from competition to collaboration.
- Live intentionally from a place of meaning and purpose.
- Do what you love and follow your heart.
- Take proactive steps to live the life you want to live.
- Become aware of the thought patterns that sabotage you and reprogram those beliefs.
- Visualize yourself living your ideal life as if nothing is impossible.
- Read self-development books.
- Look for a mentor.
- Join a Master Mind group.
- Be open to different ideas and opinions, especially from people that are where you want to be.
- The priority is to learn.
- Execute what you’ve learn.
- Be determined and persistent.
- Listen your intuition.
- Be resilient.
- Your power to accomplish is unlimited.
- Trust that everything will work out in the right way, at the right time.
I would love to close with this quote of Christopher Reeve: “So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”